Tuesday 4 October 2011

The White Light of Morning


As the debris settles around me; as my head becomes clearer like the white light of morning, I find myself in possession of an airline ticket to India.



Ah, now I remember. That’s where the rent money went.

That’s why I started working in a shipyard. To buy a plane ticket to India, so I could go and sit at the feet of an enlightened master for twelve weeks and take instruction in Advaita Vedanta. The problem is – and has always been – that me and work don’t go well together. I’m not cut out for it. It’s not that I don’t like money: it’s just that I don’t like what you have to do to get it.

So obviously, I quit the job, blew the wages on ludicrous trousers, spent the money for the rent on a plane ticket and then got drunk and set fire to the building.


I mean, who wouldn't?



If, like me, you're interested in investigating the nature of Reality, check out Not 2 Likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment